Terms of Rental
The Owners agree to rent to you the vacation Property in Samoëns, France, detailed in your "Reservation Confirmation" email which also outlines your rental timeframe and maximum occupancy. In case of treatment of any dispute concerning this agreement, only French legislation is applicable and the place of jurisdiction is through the courts in Haute Savoie, France.
The Property will be delivered in good order, clean, fully furnished and with fresh linens. The Owners have contracted with local utilities to provide water and electricity (plus internet). The Owners are not responsible for outages on the part of these utility providers.
You agree, in consideration of the use and occupancy of the Property, to the following conditions:
- The leader of the occupying party is at least 25 years of age and you are making this reservation for yourself. As such, you will personally be present at check-in.
- You take full responsibility for all occupants, also referred to as Guest(s), on the premises during your occupancy.
- A 250 Euro Damage Deposit must be paid at the time of booking. This Damage Deposit
is 100% refundable given that:
- all provisions of this agreement are complied with;
- the Property and contents are left in good order, clean and with no breakage or damage beyond normal wear and tear.
- there was no phone usage
In the event of resultant damages beyond normal wear and tear, the Guest(s) agrees to reimburse the Owners the actual costs arising from excessive clean-up, missing items, repairs, replacement, and, if necessary, costs incurred for removing Guests from the property. Guest(s) responsibility is not limited to the Damage Deposit amount of 250 Euros and is payable within 14 days of notification.
NOTE: Your Damage Deposit will be mailed to you or refunded electronically no later than two weeks (14 days) after check-out and after return of the house keys, less any amount deducted, if necessary. Please assist us in returning your Damage Deposit in full by ensuring that the premises are in good order upon check-out.
- Full payment of the rental is required 60 days prior to the Guest(s) arrival date. For bookings made less than 60 days before commencement of the rental, the total rental fee is payable on booking, in addition to the Damage Deposit. Payments may be made in Euros, Pounds Sterling or US Dollars. Exchange rate will be calculated at time of payment.
- The Property shall be used for residential purposes only. The Property, all windows and gates must be locked when the Guest(s) are absent.
- Check-in is after 4pm on the day of arrival, check-out is at 10am. Non-standard check-in and check-out times must be approved by the Owners in writing. There is a 50 Euro late fine for each hour, or fraction thereof, that Guest(s) stays beyond the contracted check-out time.
- For your convenience, phone, wireless DSL and a PC are provided. Guest(s) may not connect their own laptop, modems or phones to the property's phone line. Guest may not make changes to any settings on the PC without prior contact with the owners. The cost of all outgoing phone calls will be deducted from the Damage Deposit.
- The maximum number of guests onsite must not exceed the 'Number of Guests' stated at the time of booking. As such, parties, meetings, etc., are expressly forbidden. Violation of this clause will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments.
- No pets. No smoking inside the apartment. Pets or smoking inside the property will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. Candles may not be used in the house except in the rare case of a prolonged power failure.
- Guest(s) will peacefully and quietly occupy the premises and will conduct themselves in a manner inoffensive to the neighbors. Guest(s) will not permit activities on the premises that are contrary to any law, ordinance and/or applicable health or fire provisions. Violation of these conditions will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments.
- The Owners shall not be liable to the Guest(s):
- For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public service (Electricity, Water etc) to the property, not in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the Property.
- For any loss, damage or injury that is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the agents.
- For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Guest(s) if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in such event, the Owners shall within seven days of the notification to the Guest(s), refund to the Guest(s) all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
- Under no circumstances shall the Owner's liability to the Guest(s) exceed the amount paid for the rental period.
- No responsibility can be accepted for injury to a user or visitor and loss or damage to the Guest's belongings.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any loss or damage to any motor vehicle or its contents.
- The Property is not equipped for the elderly or handicapped. Although some complementary child-safety features may be provided, the Owners are not liable for the safety of children.
- Parking is provided by way of the car park outside the apartment.
- Guest(s) agrees to promptly report to the Owners any and all mechanical, electrical, plumbing or other problems with the Property.
- With a minimum of 24 hours notice, the Owners or their representatives shall have the right to enter and inspect the premises at reasonable times to ensure maintenance and safety or to show to prospective tenants. In an emergency, the owners or their representatives may enter at any time without securing prior permission of Guest(s).
- Guest(s) may not let, sublet, or assign this rental agreement.
- This agreement does not create a long-term tenancy for the property. Guest(s) can be removed from the property without process of law if they do not depart at the check-out day and time indicated in the "Reservation Confirmation" email.
- Please contact the Owners promptly if you believe you have left personal belongings at the property after check-out. Items left on the premises will be held for 30 days before being donated to charity or discarded.
- CANCELLATIONS: (Please purchase Travel Insurance for protection against
losses due to emergency change-of-plans.)
The following cancellation charges apply:
Number of days before start date of your holiday notification is received by the owners Cancellation Charge More than 60 days Full deposit 30 to 60 days 50% of rental cost 10 to 30 days 75% of rental cost Up to 10 days before arrival Total rental cost
If you cancel within 60 days of arrival, the Owners will attempt to re-rent the property at the current rate and, if successful, all monies received - minus a 150 Euro cancellation fee - will be credited back to you.
COVID-19: During this Covid-19 pandemic, all cancellation and payment terms are waived. If you are unable to travel due to restrictions, we will refund or reschedule your stay.
- LATE PAYMENTS: If Final Payment is not received at least 60 days prior to your arrival, your reservation will need to be cancelled so that we can attempt to re-rent the property and, hopefully, refund your monies as described, above.